Show / hide menu

Sherborne Abbey and the Conduit

Sherborne Abbey and the Conduit
A medieval view down Long Street towards the Conduit with Sherborne Abbey towering behind.

The Conduit was originally within the abbey grounds and was used as a wash place by the monks.

After the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1539, the abbey became crown property and the Conduit was moved here