Show / hide menu

Sherborne Abbey

Sherborne Abbey
A wide shot of Sherborne Abbey.

The Abbey Church of St Mary the Virgin has actually been the town's parish church since 1539 when Henry VIII dissolved the monasteries.

Previous to that it had been a Benedictine abbey dating back to the 10th century.

Over the 1100 years of the abbey a variety of architectural styles have been employed to create this attractive church