Show / hide menu

Bindon Abbey House

Bindon Abbey House
Bindon Abbey House - built by Thomas Weld in the 18th century on the site of a 12th century Cistercian Abbey. Weld also owned nearby Lulworth Castle.

The top floor of the main wing was used as a chapel and rooms in the house were used as a Roman Catholic School until 1893.

Also linked with the Bindon Abbey ruins are some of the events in Thomas Hardy's "Tess of the D'Urbervilles".